Friday, June 24, 2011

God Loves Red Shoes

God loves red shoes. Yes, He does!
While waiting at my hairdresser for my turn, I flipped through a current women's magazine. A page listing new looks for the season caught my eye. First and foremost was red shoes. Now, for those who don't know me--I LOVE red! For a month, every time I shopped, I looked for red shoes. Oh, I found some--too gawdy, too orange, too fussy, too expensive. Then one Monday I spied a pair of red pumps, size 8, for $13 on Macy’s sale rack. They were perfect! Triumphant with my purchase, I hurried home.
But what to wear them with? Every day I put them on and took them off again. Finally, Sunday morning while still in bed, I decided I am going to wear those shoes today. So . . . after changing outfits three times, I was finally ready to go. “Good morning, God,” I said out loud as I picked up my Bible and impulsively flipped it open. Song of Solomon 7:1 leaped off the page at me, "How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince's daughter!"
God loves red shoes—because God loves ME!

1 comment:

  1. Red is my favorite color...the color of fiery passion, fully oxygenated blood, and intricate rich red dahlias. I think it's time to find yourself a red dress, my friend!

    ReplyDelete