Wednesday, February 20, 2013

He Sees the Sparrow Fall

In our ongoing  three-and-a-half-year struggle with Paul's non-cancerous brain tumor, he has undergone five endo-nasal approach surgeries and one craniotomy. This coming week he will undergo six one-hour cyberknife radiation treatments to render the cells inactive so they stop producing the sebaceous material that keeps filling the cyst. Due to its location it cannot be removed without compromising the carotid artery, so management is the best we can hope for (outside of Divine healing!).

As we walk through this "valley of the shadow" we are so grateful to our family, church family, community and many friends world-wide for their love, support and prayers. And God has been especially near. Last week during our ladies' Tuesday morning prayer meeting I felt God impress upon me the reassuring verses in Matthew 10 that remind us he sees the sparrow fall and we are worth more than many sparrows; we are not to fear, our hairs are numbered. I recorded the reference in my journal with a sense of encouragement. The first one to leave the building after the meeting concluded, I opened the door to find a tiny dead sparrow right in front of the door. I felt God say, "I saw the sparrow fall; I know all about your situation!"

His love and tender mercies are new every morning; great is His faithfulness!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. I love it when God gives a tangible sign that He is with us and His word is true! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete