Monday, August 15, 2011

"Costume and Prop" Envy

     The Apostle Paul, suffering in a Roman prison, encouraged Philippian believers to remain strong, to rejoice always in their salvation and to remain focused on God and His purpose for their lives. Saying yes to God is saying yes to His script for me. He provides the “costumes and the props”, so to speak, that will best suit the role He enlisted me to fill. This means the opportunities and experiences presented to me will be unique—simply because my role is unique.
     When I wrap my mind around this revelation, oh, how freeing it is! It means I don’t have to be envious of others or frustrated with the options I did/didn’t have presented to me or the talents I do/don’t have. If I don’t have what I need in order to accomplish something, then either I’m trying to do something outside His plan for me--or that is His window for a miracle. (We all want miracles; we just don’t want to be in a place where we need one, but a miracle is only a miracle if I can’t do it on my own!)
Hudson Taylor said it this way, “God’s work, done God’s way, will have God’s provision.”
     So ask yourself: 1) What is God’s purpose for me? 2) Am I doing that? 3) Have I gotten side-tracked into things that aren’t in His purpose for me? 4) Am I distracted by looking at other people’s “costumes and props”? 5) Do I expect God to do miracles to fulfill His purpose through me?"
"His divine power has given us all things that pertain unto life and godliness . . ." II Peter 1:3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful for you and for this blog. What an uplifting message to find in my Google Reader today! Thank you Joyce---and thank God for the blessings of your wisdom and bravery. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete