Monday, July 18, 2011

Guided By His Eye

     Meditating on "I will guide you with my eye," Psalm 32:8, has made me pay attention to unplanned events in my life. Like the other day. When I got home from buying groceries, I discovered the clerk had made an error . . . so back I went. As I left the store for the second time, I greeted a young church family coming in to shop.
     Back in my car, I asked God why the mistake when I was so busy.
     He said He'd orchestrated it so I would meet that family; I was to go back and give them $xx. By now I was driving out of the parking lot--so I looped around, parked again and went back inside.
     Finding the wife, I explained about coming back because of the mistake (I wanted her to know it really was God!), and that God told me it was so I would meet them because I was to give them some $$. She burst into tears--they were short for groceries for the week.
     God knew their need and cared!
     I cannot tell you how glad I was that I was watching and listening. And obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment